Maluuba at EACL and ICLR
This April, Maluuba, a Microsoft Company, will be attending two key events for language understanding and artificial intelligence research . We will be at:
- The 15th European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics conference, taking place from April 3 – 7 in Valencia, Spain.
- The 5th International Conference on Learning Representations, taking place from April 24-26 in Toulon, France. We will be presenting during the workshop poster session.
- Sam Pasupalak, Head of Maluuba Research and Engineering (ICLR)
- Kaheer Suleman, Principal Research Program Manager (EACL)
- Andrew McNamara, Principal Engineering Manager (EACL)
- Layla El Asri, Research Manager (EACL)
- Adam Trischler, Research Manager (ICLR)
- Vikas Gosain, Recruiter (EACL and ICLR)
- Shikhar Sharma, Research Software Developer Engineer (ICLR)
- Philip Bachman, Researcher (ICLR)
Maluuba has multiple opportunities for Research Scientists, Applied Research Scientists, Engineers, Software Developers, Program managers and more. We’re tackling reasoning, decision-making and communication in machines through groundbreaking research. We’re focused on three core areas:
Machine Reading Comprehension
The MRC team works to build literate machines. We use deep learning and reinforcement learning techniques to train agents that seek information in unstructured text and reason about it to deliver answers to users.
Advanced Conversational Systems
Building a conversational agent involves solving many problems, from understanding natural language and decision making to generating natural language. Our goal is to build systems which are knowledgeable and that can exchange information with users to help users accomplish tasks or gain knowledge.
An intelligent machine should be able to make decisions and learn from environmental feedback similar to humans. At Maluuba, we do fundamental research in scalability of Reinforcement learning to allow machines to perform complex tasks in the real world.
This team builds state-of-the-art systems and models used in products by millions of people. Leveraging deep and reinforcement learning research and massive machine learning infrastructure, we work towards breakthrough innovations that achieve human-like language understanding across Machine Reading Comprehension and Dialogue Systems.
We’re based in Montreal, a global hub for AI research and one of North America’s most dynamic cities. If you’re interested in learning more about Maluuba, please come and see us at EACL or ICLR or contact Vikas Gosain, recruiter.